Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thoughts

After watching the events of Tuesday I just had to make a remark. I guess in the spirit of the new changes....What an event it turned out to be...over 2 million people turning up for the ceremony, all of D.C. clogged with people, no one injured, no major police intervention, and everyone getting along.....could it be that this is what should be happening all along. People of all races standing next to each other, happy in the moment. Proud once again to be Americans!
Everyone compares this to the time of Kennedy....but I think its much different. We need this man to run this country the way it was intended to be run. I know none of it will happen overnight....it didnt go down the toilet overnight....we need to support this man and the things he intends to do.
My children were interested in what he had to say...what does that say about the new President! I was interested in what he had to say, and that is saying alot....I am not a political person, actually at times it is more a bother than anything else. I never had the desire to be a part of polotics, but with the new president my mind has been changed. I want to be involved...I want America to be better for my kids and their children.
It was the most I have ever watched of an innaguration....and to be honest I usually just watched to see what the First lady was wearing, this time though I wanted to hear what he had to say. And with relief to watch the old president leave!
I am once again thrilled to have my patriotism back!

No comments: