Thursday, April 2, 2009

Trying to catch up again!

It has been a long time again since I have blogged! Time sure flies when you are busy! I have been working with my Brownies and getting them ready to fly up into Juniors, and this is my last year with Brownies, I will be a Teen Troop leader and no more Brownies :( Its a little bittersweet as I have been doing this level for 9 years....at the same time I am looking forward to working exclusivly with the older girls, some of which were my first Brownies!

I have started my Spring Cleaning, which will probably take me all summer to complete, but I at least feel a little more organized in the house, thankfully i dont have a whole lot to do in the kitchen, since its still has that 'new car' smell to it, I do have to do a little sanding and covering on the counters, but i want to wait for a nice day so i can open up the house before i start that project.

A young girl that goes to the same school as my two teens was diagnosed with brain cancer, she is only 14....I am going to start knitting some chemo hats for her...in her favorite color of purple! I went to a candle shop sale last night with proceeds benefitting her and I am going to buy some luminary kits to light when she comes home (I think for Easter). Its such a shame that someone so young has to be so sick...I have added her to my prayers!

Links to patterns:
http://www.chemocaps.com/pat_eyeroll_dk.htm
http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt18.htm
http://blog.knitbrit.com/2008/07/23/cozy-chemo-hat/

I have been getting progressivly more busy at work....thats a good thing, and yet it ties me to the office even more, which I don't like.

It's starting to feel like spring...and I for one am glad, hopefully all the snow is done, and I can soon get to planting a garden!!!

Well I feel like i cought up a little anyway....
more soon (hopefully)

1 comment:

Luciana DeVito said...

I love Cleo in her coat!!!! (From another Shih Tzu lover!)